Sunday, April 26, 2009

Precious Goddaughter

I wanted to include this poem in my blog:

Precious Goddaughter

You are a precious miracle,

and a dream come true.

It will be my honor,

to grow in faith with you.

I welcome this invitation,

extended with love.

I will be your angel,

sharing promises from above.

As I gently hold you,

and look at your sweet face.

I say a little prayer,

may you be touched by grace.

So much of life ahead,

I dream of all you'll be.

Times we'll spend together-

my Goddaughter and me.

I will hold your hand,

and stand by your side.

I will be your model,

your teacher and your guide.

I will give you time,

with thoughts of you each day.

I will keep you in my prayers,

as you find your way.

I look forward to the years ahead,

and being a godparent to you.

May our treasured bond grow strong,

and in faith our hearts be true.

©Teri Harrison



2 comments:

Miss Marnie said...

Love the poem.

Boy, you sure have had your share of snow this season. Every time I read your blog you have a blizzard going on!

Hopefully it will be done now. After all it is nearly May!

Is tomorrow your dad's last day at work? How exciting for him. A whole new chapter in his life.

Take care!

Mike and Sheila said...

It does seem like the snow is never ending! today was dad's last day - I think he's going to miss everyone but is glad to be done!! We can't wait for them to move up here.