When I looked it up on the computer, I found this explaination:
The first day of the month of May is known as May Day. It is the time of year when warmer weather begins and flowers and trees start to blossom. It is said to be a time of love and romance. It is when people celebrate the coming of summer with lots of different customs that are expressions of joy and hope after a long winter.
Anyways, Friday (May Day) I woke up to the doorbell ringing. My first thought was Who in the heck is at our house at 6 in the morning?!! We got up and went and looked through the peep hole and didn't see anyone. I thought it must be the stupid doorbell and maybe the shovel fell against it. Mike told me to open the door because maybe our neighbors left us a May Day Basket. I open the door and sure enough - there was a May Day basket with a ring sitting in it. I grabbed the basket and of course instantly started crying. Mike then asked if I wanted to get married to him - of course I said yes!!
Looking back on the defination I found on the computer - how true is it and I don't think Mike realizes that if you think to the meaning - what a perfect day to propose?! Maybe he does realize it, I guess I need to give him more credit! :) To answer everyone's question, no we don't have a date set - we are just enjoying the moment right now! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Us on our 2 year anniversary!
My May Day Basket at 6 AM :)
The Ring - absolutely perfect!!

4 comments:
Your ring is beautiful and you guys look so happy. Mike is very creative.
I am so happy for you. Truly the bright spot of my week!
Congratulations!
Thank you! I am amazed at how creative he was!
I know I'm a little late, but CONGRATS! That is so exciting! Best of luck to both of you!
Post a Comment