For some reason, I'm all ready and decided to update my blog at 6:30 in the morning. Maybe the snow days have finally gotten to me - and I am just ready to go now - who knows?! Anyway, mom called me yesterday morning and said Sommerlyn went to the hospital at 3:30 AM. They weren't sure if they were going to admit her, but they went ahead and did admit her. She ended up delivering a beautiful baby girl right before 1:30 PM. Yup, you read it right - GIRL! Malaya did know something the rest of us didn't... Miranda Rae (Rae was Grandma Elsie's middle name) weighing 6 lbs and either 9 or 14 ounces (I don't remember). She has a head full of dark hair and blue eyes! We went over and met her last night. Sommerlyn had a lot of visitors so we didn't get to spend much time - but I know we will have plenty of time to spend with her!
Rewind for a minute.......Everyone guessed this baby was going to be a boy - even Gary and Sommerlyn. I was going to make "it" a candy bouquet - so I made it in the back of a kids dump truck. I asked Mike what if it's a girl - he said everyone thinks boy so I would say boy. Ok....So the first present to my adorable niece was a dump truck :)
I will just attach pictures of the 2 candy bouquets I made - one was for baby and one was for Malaya. I will post pictures of the baby after I make sure with Sommerlyn that it's ok. I don't want to steal her fame - and let her show her off!

"Big Sister" bouqet - yup I need to work
on my bow making skills...

For Baby.....I guess girls can have dump trucks too...
No comments:
Post a Comment