Monday, August 9, 2010

Accomplishments!

All summer, I have been wanting to learn how to quilt. When I got my sewing machine at Christmas, I also got some puppy dog material to make a quilt with. Well, between now and then I had bought some puppy cross stitch to make a baby quilt. We decided to use some of the dogs for this quilt since it was all puppy dogs! We aren't quite done yet - but here is a picture of what we have gotten done! My mom has been helping me with it - we are hoping to get it all completed before work!

The quilt
Roscoe likes to help too!
I also have been wanting to figure out something to do with my bouquet from the wedding. It was fake - so we were able to keep it. I finally got a shadow box and tried creating a memory box with it with our invitation and program in it too. I also added Mike's flower to it. We put cam material down for part of the background. I was struggling with getting it all to work. Luckily, mom and dad stopped out last night so mom helped me with it and we got it all put together. It was hard to get a picture of it - but this is the picture I got of it!




Saturday we went to Rapid and used some more of our gifts cards and got a few things. We still don't quite have them used up - but we are getting closer! We also went out to supper at Minveras - thanks to a cousin who got us a gift card there! We both had buffalo steak - it was very good! We also stopped and visited my sister and family for a while. We had a good time!



Two weeks from tomorrow we start inservice at school already. I am not sure where the summer has gone! I shouldn't complain as some of my friends are already going back! I am somewhat ready to go back and get back into a routine again! Hopefully, we can get the quilt done this before work so I can say I accomplished a few things this summer. It's rally week around here so lots and lots of bikes around! I hope everyone has a good week!


No comments: