Saturday, March 14, 2009

Updates...

Finally - I have my computer back!!! It ended up being that the motherboard had went bad. In the mean time, my school computer ended up crashing too. I hadn't backed up any of my paperwork on my computer and was so worried I wasn't going to have them back. It ended up that the computer techs at school fixed the computer and retreived my documents - i was so glad!
This week was so busy. We had 8th grade shadow days so we gave up our planning blocks most of the week. I also had 3 7:30 Meetings and 1 formal evaluation. They all seemed to go well...and I'm so glad the week is over! The 3rd quarter ends this next week so that means right now I'm sitting at 10 weeks of the school year left! Mike has now been to the chiropractor 3 times and is doing much better. He's still a little sore - but is working and back to his wonderful self :)
We got all the painting done and everything back to order. I'm so glad. I get pretty crabby when things are all over and I can't even walk through the house. There are pictures below of the paint job. Today, mom and dad came up to do their house inspection. Everything went well there so that's good. It looks like they will be closing April 15 and the big moving day is May 9th.
Mike and I made another big purchase....(don't get too excited - no ring yet!) we bought a 42 inch TV. Both of us are very conservitive with money, so it was a difficult thing - but we've been keeping an eye on one and decided we were just going to do it. So we spent most of the afternoon putting togerther a tv stand and tv. When I was complaining that it was a lot of money that we spent, he assured me it was nothing compared to how much a kid would cost. And better yet - the tv comes with a warrenty :) He was being smart as I keep telling him I just want to get married and have kids!
Hopefully the next big purchase for Mike will be a ring! I still have been practicing my bow as much as I can with the weather. I somehow learned to hit my arm when I'm shooting it. I had a horrific bruise on my arm that even the kids were questioning what happened. Once I said that I hit my arm when I was shooting my bow - they laughed at me. Since then, I have learned to wear an arm guard so I don't bruise anymore! I'm not quite consistent with where I hit the target at - but Mike tells me it will take many many arrows to learn how to shoot it just right :)
I got ahold of 3 different crafy books. They are different fruit bouquets, cookie bouquets, and candy bouquets. I love doing stuff like this and have been just waiting to be able to make one for somebody. Well a good friend of mine got her counseling liscense (if that's what you call it?) so I took advantage of it and made her a candy bouquet. I also attached a picture of it - not bad for the first one?! Mike was even quite impressed how cute it was. I wanted to do some type of one for his grandma's birthday last weekend and he told me it was dumb. Now after he sees it, he said that it would've been cool to make one for her - so that'll teach him to listen to me!
We only have 3 days with kids this week thanks to spring break. Teachers do have inservice on Thursday but we do have Friday off. Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week.



He was so excited to paint!

More Painting...



Mike's mom painting



Finally - we got it done! It's a greenish color -
might be hard to see - notice the smaller tv here!

More of the living room!

The candy bouquet! It's in a flower pot
so the tootsie pops are supposed to be
like the flower :)

Our new purchase (42 inch tv & stand)

1 comment:

The Dills said...

I love the new color of walls and the new tv! Wow Sheila you sure are crafty, that little pot is so cute!