Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Arrival

Don't get too excited - my sister is still pregnant as can be!
Mike and I have been wanting to get a dog. Well, where we live we can't have dogs. So So stupid. Anyways, we've gotten over that we can't have a dog. We have been talking for quite a while about getting a kitten. We both wanted to start with a kitten so we could train it how we wanted to train it.
We, along with everyone else, have been watching the classifieds. We found one a few weeks ago that said it was 8 weeks old. We made arrangements to go to Rapid and look at it - well come to find out it was like 6 months old...not what we wanted. The humane society hasn't had any kittens - they just have had older ones.
Last night we were driving into Mike's sisters and Mary (Mike's mom) called and said there were kittens in the paper. We called and she said we could come look. We did and we both fell in love with one of them. It's a long haired (which I'll probably hate later but for now it's cute). It was born on January 1st. Notice I keep saying It - yup we don't know. We think it's a he but we will find out April 4th when we go to the vet for shots. In the mean time, we have named him Roscoe. Mike has always said we were going to have a cat named Roscoe - not sure where he came up with it - but so be it I guess. If we find out it's a girl - we will have to change the name! He did very well his first night with us. He slept most of the night and just slept at the end of the bed. We put him in the bathroom today and he did well with that too! He sure was excited when we got home though - very wound up to see us! I've never been much of a cat person so we will see how this goes. I keep telling Mike it's all him because I don't know how to take care of it. He asked what I was going to do when we have kids - I assured him I know how to be around babies - just not kittens!I attached some pictures. I've been trying to get still pictures and believe me a little kitten will not sit still unless he's sleeping. He seems to be all about Mike. Even as I'm typing this he's found Mike's beard and rubbing on it. Too funny. I hope everyone enjoys our new addition!



Kind of blurry


Cuddled up in Mike's legs



Hangin' out on the arm of the chair




Holding him so he woull look at the camera - can't
really see but he has blue eyes




Mike is more thrilled than he looks in
this picture - love the red eyes they
both have too!



A video of Roscoe playing - I'm not a video taking person
so I hope I don't make anyone sick! Roscoe loves playing
with the little balls that have a bell in the middle of them!

1 comment:

Miss Marnie said...

LOVE, your kitten!! He(she) is adorable. I am sure Roscoe will bring much joy and laughter to your house.

I don't know, what is wrong with Roscoe for a girl? :)

Have fun!