Well we got the blizzard everyone was predicting. I have had no work for 2 days. I am not sure how much snow we got because of the drifts - but we think the road is probably 3 ft straight across. The area we live in seems like it's the last to get plowed so hopefully we will see plows sometime today. We aren't banking on it though. Yesterday morning when I got up, it was snowing/sleeting/thundering - yup you read right - thundering. Then part of the state was under a blizzard warning and a tornado watch at the same time. Seriously...only in South Dakota does that happen. We got the deck shoveled off. It wasn't as bad as last time - but we still couldn't get out the door. We now have a single lane path to the door :) On top of all the blizzard, yesterday when I was out shoveling I noticed my car has a flat tire. So now sometime, we will have to get that fixed. Just to add to it all... We are thankful that we didn't lose power over the storm. During the last storm, people were out of power for days so we are fortunuate for that. I hope everyone is staying warm. Enjoy the pictures - I wish it snowed like this when I was younger - maybe it did and I just don't remember it. It would be so fun to go "play" in it. Maybe we will get a snowman made again sometime out of this bunch....

Ok forgot to post this one from the park the other
day - look how nice and sunny it was!

Mike going to dig out our shovel
Drift in front of the house
The deck area -

Neighbors house - notice our half you
can still see the grass...
Looking out across the street - probably solid
3 ft across
Me standing in the snow by our deck - this
picture is deceiving as I'm only part of the way
down in the snow
Single lane to the door....

Me in the snow after Mike shoveled
part of it

Vehicles...
2 comments:
Hey there,
You really did get dumped on!! I was hoping you would post some pictures.
We have only had rain and lots of it. The river is getting pretty high and starting to flood. All of the ice is melted off and it is exciting to finally see no more ice or snow!! So glad we are getting the rain and not the snow like you have. I am over it.
I will have to take pictures tomorrow with all the snow piled up - it's absolutely crazy!
We got the driveway all shoveled out now too! And they are saying possible snow tomorrow night now too - not a lot - but we don't need anymore!
School is cancelled for the 3rd day....We will be going until June at this rate!
Hopefully it stays as rain - although flooding isn't good either!
Post a Comment