Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally..an update!

It has been almost a month since I have last updated. I haven't had my computer - so it's more of a pain to update. I was bored today and thought I would take the extra time to do it. My computer's hinge broke and Best Buy wrote down the wrong warrenty # or something so it's been close to 6 weeks that it's taken them to fix the hinge. Yup, not a happy camper with them! The month of July went fast. I'm not sure where it went or what we did - but it's gone!
Mike is now finished playing softball in Spearfish. He did start a co-ed team that will play in Belle. It's a lot of the same people from his Spearfish team so if all else fails - they should at least have fun!
I completed my bow hunter safety class so now I can officially hunt! I Just need to get my bow up to 40 lbs. It's at 35 now so I should be able to get there. Then a couple weeks ago, Gary, Mike and I went over to a 3D archery tournament in Custer. There were 30 targets to shoot at but it took us almost 4 hours to do the course. I didn't do too bad considering it was my first time doing one. I did hit a few branches, trees, and rocks - but my cheap arrows survived them all. Who says you need to spend all this money on expensive hunting stuff? It is so much different shooting at an animal target than it is just the block targets we have it our yard.


I would've had this buck so I wanted a picture
incase it's the only one I get this year!



Both got the bear...we won't talk about where my
arrow went....won't they make good brother-in-laws?!



Mike showing that I did a better shot than him!


Yup we all got this one!


Gary shooting one of the targets


This past weekend, Dennis, Renae, and their kids went up to Big Hill and went on a mountain bike trail. It was fun on the first half of the trail. Then we had to turn around and go back uphill. That wasn't quite as much fun -but we made it! One of their girls just learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. She did so good considering her little bike she had. She fell a few times, but was a trooper and got righ back on!


On the bike trail...



Renae & Ella



Mike and I



Mike, Brea, and Dennis



Stopping for a second...the boys are a little bit
ahead


Then the adventure continued on up to Iron Creek Lake and ate lunch and did some fishing. I caught 2 fish and Mike caught 1. It was the middle of the day, so we weren't even expecting to catch anything.



Brea helping Mike fish..






Ella, Owen, Jake, Dennis, and Renae fishing


We decided to BBQ at their house that night and have a campfire that night too. They have a firepit at their house. Mike played some badmitton with the guys and I played games with the girls! I believe Renae smoked Mike in Badmittion so I'm guessing there will be a rematch soon for them! Brea (their youngest) is so cute around Mike. She is the only person I know who Mike doesn't care if she calls him Mikey. She is definately his buddy. It was a fun (and relaxing) day. We (We means me) also figured out it was 9 months until our wedding day on Saturday! How fun!



Brea just made herself comfy on Mike. Jake's
hanging out too!


Some more of Brea and Mike

Getting the fire going


Mike playing badmittion with the 2 boys!

Mike and I have been discussing putting a garden in at the house. It has to be an above the ground one - we finally decided this weekend we were going to do it. Thank goodness, my dad, and Mike's brother came over to help. All we have left to do is put the dirt on it and it will be ready to go. I won't be able to plant anything until next year - but at least it's made and ready to go!



Starting to dig up the sod


Dad shoveling the sodMike and Marc making it

level - this is where I'm not going to be a
true Morgan after I'm married. They have to have
everything level and perfect - not me - I like to just
get things done!


Working some more....Has to be just perfect!




Digging up some sod (this pic should go at the beginning
but oh well!)

This week is Rally week here. I'm sure we will go down to Brian and Angi's one night at least and take part in the festitivies! I'd rather just stay home out of the noise and crazy drivers. Then after this week, it's time to start organizing my classroom already! I will get to have the girls a few more days before school starts so I'm sure it will go fast!
So I guess to answer my first question about where this month has gone - I would say the pics pretty much sum that up! Hopefully, I get my computer back this week and I can go back to my weekly updates!

No comments: