We only went down to the rally one night this week. I did manage to snap a couple pics when we were there. We walked around a bit, grabbed a quick bite to eat and made it back to the car just in time for a downpour. We realized on our way home, we left our windows at the house open. We thought we probably got some water in the windows - as there was huge winds and lots of rain. When we got home, the carpet was wet, the coffee table had water standing on it - the kitchen floor looked like we dumped water all over it. It was horrible - but it all dried out and we learned our lesson not to leave the windows open!
Mike and I
It's a dog, no it's a cat, no it's a mouse - wait
it's all 3! You never know what you are going
to see at the rally
Mike and I have been practicing our bows a lot this week. I got mine up to probably 45 lbs now. I was so excited. It has to be at 40 lbs to legally hunt in SD. When I first got it, it was in it's upper 20's so I have came a long ways with improving my strength! I was very excited when I found out it was up to 45 lbs now! I think Mike's is 70 or 80 so I still have a long ways to go to catch up with him! I don't think I probably ever could. He is going on a bear hunt again this year in Minnesota the beginning of September - so he's practicing all he can so he can get that bear!
We decided to become members at Hart Ranch this week. We knew we wanted to eventually, and figured we might as well start - then we have more years to use our lifetime membership. We are looking forward to spending time there
The girls came up on Wednesday. Mom and dad came out and we took them to the park to play and had a picnic in the yard. Mom's wedding ring fell out of her pocket that day - so we spent some of the day looking for it. To make a long story short, someone found it and turned in it to the office here and mom was able to get back it. Lesson to be learned: Insure your wedding ring! Here are some pics from when they were here!
Grandpa and Malaya blowing bubbles
Miranda slept through all the outside fun!
Malaya swinging
Climbing at the park
Miranda playing - she slept a lot it seemed like so I didn't get many pics of her!
Today I went over and started on my classroom. I got a bulletin board almost done - but that was about it. I ususally do something about study skills or something. Well I got a crazy thought this year to do it on life or something. My room isn't really used except for when students want tests read or we hold meetings in there. It makes it tough to get motivated about it -when you know it's not used a whole lot! Here is a picture of the start of it anyway..
<
<
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Summer is winding down quickly and school will be starting before we know it!

No comments:
Post a Comment