Friday, August 28, 2009

Casey and Leeann are married!

A few years ago, I started my job at the Passion Play. I started as a worker in the box office and eventually moved my way up to Box Office Manager. Throughout working there, I met some of the greatest people. The girls in the box office all got along great and we spent most of the summer together. We also got to know the maintence man, Ron and also became friends with an actor named Casey.
Often times, the group of people would hang out after the performances and have a great time. There was not a performance night that we didn't hang out - and these friends made those summers some of the best summers! We all stuck together through the play and made it through the summers because of each other.
Two of the people who I hung out with volunteered at the Wildlife Sanctuary in Spearfish. Volunteer probably isn't the right word - practically lived there and helped the animals all for free. I became very close with these two friends - Casey and Whitney. From the Sanctuary and the play, I also go to know a very sweet person named LeeAnn.
We used to complain when we worked at the play how "tough" life was. Little did all of us know, how tough life really is when you get in the real world compared to just having a summer job and going to school. We all began to rely on each other and be there for each other. They became some of my best friends.
As time went on, most of these jobs were just school jobs for people. Jaima went off to the real world, Whitney went to college, Ron switched jobs, and Casey and Leeann moved on to the real world also. All of a sudden, the passion play group was gone!
Fast forwarding to today, time gets away and we don't really see everyone a whole lot. Ron is stil in Spearfish. We don't see him as often as we would like - but when we do - it's great to catch up with him. Jaima is currently moving back to Rapid so we are hoping we will be able to see her more. Whitney is also around - still volunteering at the sanctuary after going to school and coming back. And the biggest news of all - Casey and Leann got married!
Wednesday night we attended their wedding. It was so pretty and LeeAnn looked amazing. I included part of a song that Casey sang to Leeann at the end of the pictures. I wasn't able to record all of it. For some reason, I can't get it turned the right away either and it's pretty shaky. So close your eyes and listen. Casey is an amazing singer. There's no way I could stand up there and sing (even if I sounded good) or have someone sing to me without losing it. It was a special moment to watch. I should've recorded the whole thing as the end was one of those things that kinda gives you the chills watching them. Listen to it what you can - and I aplogize for the video-taking!
Ron, Whitney, Casey, Leeann and myself were all there. It's kind of weird to think Casey and Leann are married now and will move on to Michigan. I believe Casey got an acting job there. And to think that our wedding will be the next one that everyone's at. Even though the "After the Performance nights" are all growing up and moving away - we will always have the wonderful memories of everyone!
The Passion Play is also no longer active in Spearfish. It's sad to think that something that brought us all together is no longer there. But as I said before, we will always have those summer memories and knowing that we can always count on each other!
Here are some pictures from the beautiful wedding..

They were married in Woodburn Auditorium



So pretty!




Waiting for the reception to start..


all these people worked at the passion play (Some
were actors or extras as I have no idea who they are)



Leeann, Casey, Ron, Whitney and me


A hummingbird was on our flowers yesterday!

I aplogize for it being sideways and for the shakiness.

No comments: