Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where has time gone?!!

Here it is Wednesday night already, and I'm just updating the blog! Saturday, I spent a lot of the day at mom and dad's going through things. It was kind of fun finding all the old stuff to go through - I even found one of Sommerlyn's old diaries. I read a couple entries to her and she grabbed it from me pretty quick! Gary and Mike went hunting in Wall for turkeys on Saturday. Gary ended up getting one - but Mike didn't. I guess there's always next year!



Gary with his turkey

This weekend we decided to fix up the yard. It was so nice out - I think we spent most of Sunday outside! We redid the bricks out in front of the yard and added bricks to the other flower beds we have at the house. Mike did a great job with it. Then on Monday I planted flowers. I'm still learning on the flowers - so I picked up the phone and called mom to come help. It was so nice being able to have her run over and help me! I think she did good. Now, I just can't wait until they all are blooming.



Mike getting the yard all looking nice



Now where do I put all the animals...



Mom helping me


Finally done! I can't wait until they are all blooming


Last year, we were very surprised when the most
amazing tulips showed up. (the lady before us planted
them and we didn't know) This year they came up all
over so in the Fall we want to plant more to fill in all the
blank spots!

Last night was Mike's first official night of playing softball. It was great to see everyone again and catch up from the summer. They lost their first game. At one point in the second game, they were down 4-12. Well, then ended up coming back and winning by one! It was a fun game to watch!
We are going camping with my family on Friday to Hart Ranch. It will be good to relax and just get away a bit. It will be the first time leaving Roscoe home for more than one night - so we will see how that goes. I think we will have Mike's mom come check on him on Sunday.
This week is winding down and next week is mainly finals for the kids! I can't wait to be done. I hope everyone has a relaxing Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Miss Marnie said...

As I was out planting my flowers this weekend I was thinking of your post and of the photo of your mom planting. I was wishing she was here to help me too!