Sunday was Mike's birthday. He has been wanting a smoker with all his jerky making - so that is what I got him! My family and most of his family came over for lunch and cake. We made pulled pork and got an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. It turned out to be a good day - I was a little nervous with both families being together - but it all was ok! It was hard to go back to work on Monday. I know I should be greatful as most jobs only got a couple days off - but it was still an adjustment. The kids were a little crazy after being back from break - but overall the days went really well. I took a sick day today and got braces put on! It didn't hurt too bad - just the stretching out of my mouth hurt the most. I don't have to go back in until the middle of March. I can already feel the inside of my mouth getting worn from the braces. Dr. Meyer said that I will have them for 9 months to a year - which isn't bad considering I had them for about 2 years before! I am sure the kids will make some comments about my braces - Mike already has! We went out to lunch today and with the snow he said - "well at least if we get stuck - we could take your braces off and use them as chains on the tires" he thinks he's funny.... It's snowy and cold outside today. It seems like a good day to do some baking and get laundry done - yet I'm working on getting some "to do's" done and it doesn't seem like anything is getting accomplished. We are thinking of trying ice fishing again this weekend - we will see how the week goes. I would like to go and see if I can catch something - but who knows? For those of you who are new readers to the blog, after each post there is a spot that says comments. You can leave comments - even if you aren't registered - you just put it under the anonymous (I think it says that) I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week. Marnie - We're still waiting to hear the walleye secrets! :)

Mike & I on his birthday!

Mike with his smoker - he's more excited than he looks!

Sommerlyn & Malaya - She doesn't even look
pregnant does she?

He was so happy to take a picture
with his ice cream cake!

My braces!
2 comments:
Hi Sheila,
I seen you got your "Secret Sauce" recipe. I was actually on just finishing the post when you must have been on reading it. I was trying to post it all day. Was having problems loading the photos. I had to include the photos so you could see how I like to go ice fishing :)
Let me know if you try it and how it works for you. We won't be going ice fishing for awhile so can't wait to hear what your results are. Dave is skeptical because of the sluggish minnow aspect, but we'll see.
Good luck!
mike is so funny. you look ok with braces on!!!!! Wade ate his walleye and he said it was really good, i didn't eat any of it. Well good luck ice fishing. if you guys want to meet wade at keyhole sometime im sure if he can make it he will just give us a holler. he has all the ice fishing things too.
Post a Comment