Tuesday, January 13, 2009

4 rumors proved wrong this week....

This week has been crazy busy. We have been ice fishing a lot - and only have a few fish to show for it. We went up one evening last week to Iron Creek as we heard the fish were biting at night. We were up there for close to 5 hours and not even one bite! So 1st rumor we proved wrong this week..... Then this weekend we hit up Curlew lake which is North of New Underwood. Again, we heard the fish were biting. Mom and dad came up and met up with us. I was so proud of mom - she was even out on the ice. Usually anything outdoors - mom doesn't like. I did let her wear my cleats so she didn't fall! Dad fished some, but didn't catch anything. It was fun having them up there. We proved rumor #2 of "fish biting good at Curlew" by only catching 2 perch and 1 baby walleye from about 8-4. Then Mike & I decided to hit up Iron Creek Lake again on Sunday afternoon. Mike's dad went with us this time. We ended up with 3 trout, one being 2 lbs. I missed some fish there as I haven't figured out how to snap the pole just right to hook the fish. The 2 lb trout was the biggest trout that Mike has caught, so that was fun!
Last night we went to Newell Lake and fished - "fish are biting good at Newell." Yup, we proved rumor #3 wrong too - only 1 bite that night! I am not sure how or when ice fishing consumed my life - but it sure seems like it has. Tonight is the first night we have been home in a while. It's almost addicting to go out and see if you can find the fish and get them to bite. My cousin Marnie and her husband Dave had a secret sauce receipe we even tried to catch walleye. We did have it on the wax worms when we were catching the trout - otherwise no luck with that even! I suppose that could be rumor #4 proven wrong......the sauce guarentees walleyes :)
It's midterm week for the freshman at work. They have been taking about 1 midterm per day. The freshman core classes are all year long, but all the other classes and classes for the other grades semester ends on Friday. That means we are halfway through this year. I am not sure where it has gone, but it has sure gone fast. I cannot wait for spring - I love that time of year. Plus I will have my new little niece or nephew to spoil then - how fun?!
I am doing good with my braces. It's more of just an uncomfortable feeling. I forgot how painful they are at the beginning - but it has gotten better. It has definately slowed down how fast I talk as it seems the words don't come out as fast as I am thinking.
We are going to the hockey game this weekend, and I'm not sure what else adventures we will get ourselves into!
I hope everyone is doing well!


Don't mind the date - but mom and dad fishin!


the date is wrong - but mom & dad fishing



My perch I "caught" Wrong date again



First walleye in SD for Dennis!

Mike's trout he caught
Mike with his fish
Mike & I with the fish - I only got 1 chance
to take the picture & this is what I got! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the walleye is small, I think some of the minnows we were using for bait were bigger than the walleye.

Thanks again for the invite up, it was fun, Luv, Dad

Miss Marnie said...

Hey Sheila,

When I showed Dave your pictures he laughed and asked if the photo of your walleye was really a photo of the bait you were using.

If you used the "Secret Sauce" to catch that trout it would have to be considered a success. We are on our way to buy some wax worms!!

(Dave loved the photo of the two of you and the close up of the fish :)

Have a great day!

Marnie