Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally - some fish!

On Saturday, we took off early in the morning and headed over to Stockade Lake. We heard the fish were biting. When we got there, we had a pole out for probably 30 seconds and already had a bite. We ended up catching about 8-10 perch in that spot. We kept them to begin with (they were kind of smaller) but decided we were going to another spot and let them go. We went around the bend as one guy said that's where the crappies are. Well we didn't get crappies, but ended up with some more perch. All together, we caught 24 perch. I even caught 3 of them - by myself. Usually I struggle with hooking them, but I was able to get these ones! There was one point where the fish weren't really biting, so Dennis, Mike and Owen walked over a little bit and left me with the poles. All of a sudden there was a bite on one pole - then as i was working with that one another pole was being hit on. This happened with all 3 poles that were of course all opposite direction from each other. Mike finally decided to come back over. I'm sure it was comical to watch! While we were fishing, my sister and her husband were facing the reality of having to put their weiner dog, Chillee, to sleep. He had a tumor in his bladder ( I think) a while ago and was only supposed to be alive for a few more months. Well he went past how long the vet thought he would live by a few months. He had gotten really sick on Friday night and Saturday morning. They ended up having to put him to sleep Saturday afternoon. Malaya is too young to understand, but does keep asking about Chillee. They do have another puggle Shylow, so they still will have a dog around.
Then Saturday night, Dad, Mike, my Aunt Bonnie, and me went to the hockey game. It was a good time! By the time Mike & I got home that night, we were beat. We had been on the go since
about 4 AM that morning.
We went up yesterday afternoon to Iron Creek, but didn't get anything. The sky was pink though and it was so pretty! I have today off for Martin Luther King Day. I am hoping to get things done around the house as they didn't get done this past weekend! I didn't even really take pictures except of the pink sky, but I did put some pictures of Chillee on here! Have a good week!


Chillee & Scooby watching out the window


Chillee ( looking at the camera) & Scooby



Chillee Dog


Pink Sky at Iron Creek

Pink Sky again at Iron Creek

No comments: