Saturday, December 6, 2008

Not much to update on....

Mike and I were able to go to Wall for Thanksgiving. Gary, Sommerlyn, Malaya, and Grandpa Paul also spent Thanksgiving at mom and dad's house. Thanksgiving was kept pretty simple this year - the biggest complaint was there was no pie. (Mom makes tons of pies a day for a resturant and yet tried to be different this year and didn't make a pie) I don't think that will happen again. We came home on Thursday evening, then I went shopping early Friday Morning. I was at Cabellas at 5:40 AM so it wasn't too early - but early enough! Mom eventually met up with me and we enjoyed a day of shopping together

On that Saturday, I ventured with Mike and our friend Dennis and his 2 boys to go pheasant hunting. We went clear up to Lemmon, SD. They didn't get any pheasants but it was a good time. It ended up a very long day and I was very sore! I asked if I should wear my snow boots and Mike told me no so needless to stay my feet got pretty cold walking through the snow. He didn't think there would be snow up there - I should've known to still wear them! It was fun to go though.

Mike and I have already exchanged one of our Christmas presents (Hard to believe I know!) I got Mike a scope for his gun and he got me a deer print. We have been wanting the deer print for quite a while. It has a tree in it then Mike and Sheila is carved into the tree. I put a picture of it on here. I think it's so neat as it has Mike in it because of the deer but then our names carved which would be my part of it! I get done with work on the 19th and have 2 full weeks off! We are celebrating Christmas with my family on the 20th and Malaya will be 2 already on the 21st. Then actual Christmas we will spend with Mike's family. I'm learning that one of the hardest things with the holidays is figuring out who's going where and when!

We are anxiously waiting to start going ice fishing. We have already bought some new things that we think we have to have! I will update some more after Christmas! I hope everyone enjoys the holiday season and tresures the time spent with families!



The print Mike got me for Christmas!


Mom, Grandpa Paul, Malaya and Sommerlyn



Malaya trying to hide from the camera


Mike making smokies at Thanksgiving






Walking back to the truck from Pheasant Hunting..




Mikes dog Star





Checking out where to go.....

1 comment:

Miss Marnie said...

Hi Sheila,

I love your blog!

It is so fun catching up on what is going on with everybody.

Your Christmas print is great. How perfect for the two of you!

You mentioned ice fishing.....you can come out here to MN/WI. Ice houses are already out on the St. Croix river. I think its too early, but then, I wouldn't put an ice house on the river anytime. Lakes....that's a different story.

Many of the lakes around us have had houses on them since way before Thanksgiving.

Take care!