Yesterday Mike finally got his buck (rifle). he was sitting at the top of some cliffs on private land that he has permission to hunt for. He saw this buck for about 3 seconds if that and just kind of quick shot him. All he saw was the deer rolling down the hill. As he went to get up his foot slipped and he ended up in about 4 foot of snow. His gun started going down the hill so he was trying to catch that. He said he thought his life was ending at that moment :) He was hanging on to the rocks at the top and ended up working his way back up. (I think it probably wasn't as bad as it sound) He didn't even know if he had gotten it or not. So he came up to the top to grab his other gun to go check it and have me come with. We found the deer about halfway down the hill. We have yet to figure out where he shot it. No bullet hole or anything - I told him that he gave him a heart attack and he rolled down the hill. The one side is pretty thick antlers and the other side is a bit weaker. Of course there's always something wrong but he's happy with it. His ear is split which means something about it shows he's been fighting or something. Mike's buddys thinks he needs to head mount it so we will see. We already have 1 in the house....We decided it would be easier to roll it down the hill to another main road than to drag it back up the hill. Luckily we were able to get ahold of his dad and he met us at the bottom. It was horrible going down the hill - I think I spent more time on the ground sliding down it than actually walking down it.
Snow and hunting has pretty much consumed our last couple of weeks. It doesn't seem possible that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. We (well for sure I am) plan to go to Wall for Thanksgiving Day. Then Mike will probably hunt the weekend and I will go shopping! I hope everyone is doing well!
The street we live on
Drift in front of the door
Mike trying to get to our shovel
being Funny...trying to grab the shovel
Finally a path to the door
Mike's buck
More of his buck

No comments:
Post a Comment