It still doesn't seem possible that we are going to be having Thanksgiving break in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure where this first half of the school year is going - but it's going so fast. My students are keeping me busy at school - I think sometimes I worry more about their work than they do. Then I do have to tell myself that it's their choice to do their work and I can't force them to do it! Aw..the joys of teaching high school :)
I have also been working in the After School Program a couple days a week so then I'm in Sturgis until 4:45. It's nice to be able to work with kids in a smaller group and help them get some of their work done. It's not much longer after school - but it sure throws me off getting home later at night!
It seems like our lives have been filled with hunting. Mike did get his rifle deer for the hills. He got it last Sunday. We actually had went up there that morning and were sitting at the top of the hill. He was disappointed with himself as he thought it was bigger than it was. It was a 4x4. It was big enough for me! We had to drag it up this steep hill. I could barely walk up it without falling - let alone dragging a deer up - so Mike was pretty much on his own. I decided after seeing the gun hunting with a deer - that it's not hunting unless it's a bow. We only had to wear camo shirts - no scent control or even face mask. It's way easier to get one with a gun than a bow. He still has his archery deer to get.
His brother was sitting out in their tree stand a couple weeks ago and a mountain lion came up him. He was rattling and the mountain lion pouched down behind him. We think he probably heard the rattling and thought he was going to come in and get a deer to eat. Matt hollered at it and it wouldn't go away. He finally started dropping things from the tree stand and it went away. I think Matt was kind of shook up over the whole thing. Mike was excited and thought it would be cool to see it. I think it would be cool if you had a gun with out - not just a bow!
Mike is out rifle prairie hunting this weekend. He is out with his sister's boyfriend. He shot at a few - but didn't get one. His gun has been really messed up lately so I'm not sure if it's that or just too long of shots. Hopefully he gets one today - then he will just have the archery one left!
My computer is broke AGAIN so that means no pictures. There's a key broke on it and the volume is messed up. So it's getting fixed again so it will probably be weeks before I get it back.
Yesterday I went to Rapid and took Malaya shopping for a few hours. Then we came back and got Miranda and I took both girls back to Spearfish with me. Sommerlyn is enjoying her time alone as Gary is hunting too. Both girls slept all night for me. I'm not sure what I do differently - but for some reason Miranda won't sleep all night at home. I guess she just likes coming to her Aunt's house! THey are both taking their naps now - then I will meet Sommerlyn and take them back.
Tonight, mom is making turkey for supper so we will go there for supper. We also went there Friday night for some chicken. A friend of ours was with us Friday night and informed me that I don't get my cooking skills from my mom as mom's food is good! We really enjoy having mom and dad up here - not just because we know we always have a meal with them! I realized Friday night that there is a difference between homemade mashed potatoes and boxed mashed potatoes. I guess I might have to try making the homemade ones.
Our wedding is less than 6 months away - I can't believe how fast it is coming up. We do have the bridesmaid dresses ordered now too! My dress should be in around Christmas. It will be exciting to see everything coming together. Our photographer is making the invitations, so we have a start on that too! If you haven't been there yet, we have created a website for the wedding. Go Here: TheKnot.
This next weekend we are going to Denver with the Bergman family. On Sunday we have tickets to the Bronco Game - then we will come back home. I'm sure I will be on tired teacher next Monday - but it should be a fun time!
Sorry about no pictures - I guess when I get my computer back - I will have a bunch on there to share! Have a good week!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment