Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like winter...

As I'm typing this tonight, it's snowing out adding to the 2 - 3 inches that are already on the ground. At this rate, it's going to be a loooonnnnng winter! As long as it's all gone by May 1 I won't complain :) The kids at school are so different where there's change in weather going on. It's like the first day of school all over again! It's already midterm on Friday. That means the first sememster is already half over. I can't believe it - it's gone so fast.
Here I am - almost 3 weeks from my last post. I really don't know what we have done - but I know we are staying busy. In our spare time, Mike and Roscoe chase flys around the windows. . Roscoe spots them and Mike and Rosoce find the flys so Roscoe can eat them. It's so funny to watch - it's almost as if they are having their bonding time. I did capture a picture one night.....

Mike and Roscoe catching flys


Roscoe loves sitting the dryer - don't worry
we don't turn it on - just when we are grabbing
stuff out - he makes himself comfy.



We decided to head out hunting on Friday right after I got done with work. There were some does that were across the creek from me. Finally, they came behind the blind and Mike asked if I thought I could get it. The windows weren't open on that side of the blind - so I just had to shoot out of a small window. He ranged the doe and it was at 31 yards - so I set my drew back, set my pins on it - and shot. Luckily, we have light nocks on the arrows - and we could see it. I hit it - I was so excited until I looked - and it was right behind the back leg. So basically, I shot it in the butt! It ran off to one side and Mike told me he wasn't sure if it would die or not and if we would find it. I was just hoping it would die - I didn't want to wound a deer and make it suffer - that's rude. A few minutes later - we saw it go running another way - still with the arrow in it. We waited until it was dark and were going to go look for it. As we were walking out, I saw the blinking arrow. Mike didn't think it was still in the deer - he figured it had broke off. We put the stuff in the truck and went down to find it. As we got closer, we realized the deer was still alive laying there. We went and got Mike's bow so we could get a better shot at it and not make it suffer. It would've taken all night for it to die. It was dark so Mike shot at it again so it would die. So between Mike and I - we got my first deer! I forgot my camera, but we drove over to Dennis and Renae's house and they got a picture for me. I apologize it's in the back of the truck - but it was the best we could do. I also have some other pictures from different times hunting. Everytime we haev been out hunting, the turkeys are always around us. It's too bad we didn't have Fall Turkey Tags because we could have limited out on them. It doesn't even phase them being. I did happen to get a picture one day.


>
The blind - that's the spot I got my deer in.




Turkeys...



My first Doe!

Mom and Dad went to Sioux Falls for an EMT Convention. Mom was able to hand deliver the blanket that we made for my friend's Tara's baby. Mom and I have made blankets for all three kids. Tara somehow managed to get a picture of all 3 of them with their blankets. We don't see them very often - but they are all very special to me. I can't wait to meet Jadon - he was just born last month!


I will really try to post more than once every three weeks. It's getting bad when Sommerlyn is posting more than me! We are planning on hanging around the house for Halloween as Mike will get up early Sunday to go hunting. Sunday is also 6 months until our wedding. I can't believe how fast the first 6 months have went - I can only imagine how fast the next 6 until the wedding will go. I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: