Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Adventures!

We closed on our new house on March 18th.  Thanks to some wonderful help we ended up moving everything over that night.  The guys made it look so easy.  Angi made supper and brought it up for everyone - and the weather was great!  We were able to use a moving truck from the real estate agency for free so each load had that loaded up and all the guys' pickups so it went pretty quick! We are amazed at how much we had hidden away at the trailer.  We greatly appreciate everyone's help! 
Our trailer is still for sale.  We are hoping it sells soon.  The weather has been nice (well except for today!) so they say that improves houses being sold! 
We are pretty much moved into the new house.  We don't have a shed yet, so our garage is full of everything that should be in the shed.  Mike has been busy working on the yard when it's nice out to get it ready for either grass to be planted or to lay sod.  Roscoe has adjusted to the new house too! He wasn't so sure at first - but is getting better!  I love love love our views.  Out the picture window in the living room, we can see Lookout Mountain and out the back we can see Crow Peak.  This morning i got up and looked out the back patio and there were deer feeding on the hillside.  So so pretty!
Last weekend, we celebrated Miranda's second birthday! It doesn't seem possible that she's 2 already! She is very laid back and just goes with the flow of things.  We got her a four wheeler - so hopefully one the weather warms up she will enjoy playing with it!
We are down to either 7 or 8 weeks of school left. It's not very much at all.  Mike keeps saying I should get a summer job this summer.  Luckily, I went to a Norwex Open House a few weekends ago and absolutely loved the product.  So I'm becoming a Consultant and hopefully it will get going enough that it can be my summer job - but we will see!  If anyone would like to have a party, or book party, or just would like any more information - let me know!  I am having my grand opening this upcoming Friday night so that will be fun!
My aunt Gloria has moved to Spearfish right now.  So last night, my dad's other brother and his wife came over from Gillette to go to Deadwood.  We all went out for crab and prime rib - it was delicilious!  It was fun seeing everyone again!  Today, my friend Tara is going to be in town so we are waiting to see her!
We don't officially have Interent or Cable yet.  Dad is letting me use his alltel Internet card for the time being and we get 3 channels thanks to a digital box/antena from a co-worker.  We made a deal with ourselves we wouldn't get either of them until we sell the trailer! 
I also included a picture of some lady bugs for outside.  My grandma used to have these going up her steps during the summer time.  We kids used to play with them and it was just always something I remember from Grandma's house.  Well, I have had them since she passed away but haven't put them out.  They needed a major paint job and I finally got around to painting them yesterday - so I put them outside! Then we were downstairs today and I found the 4th one to go with them.  I thought I lost it - but  I guess not!
I don't think I'm missing anything else - but I very well could be since it's been a couple crazy weeks!
Miranda with her four wheeler

Happy 2nd birthday!

Front of the house

Dining room/patio door

Half of kitchen

Living room

                                                        Lady Bugs

No comments: