Friday, December 31, 2010

We're Back


Ok - I know it has been months since I've posted - but I figure it's a new year so I can start fresh again.  It was almost like I got too far behind and I didn't even know where to start!  So here I am going to start new!

We have been staying busy between hunting and ice fishing season.  We never got our archery bucks this year - but nobody can say we didn't try! It has been a strange year for hunting - either too warm or too cold.  Mike did get his rifle buck for both prairie and hills deer.  We have now gotten into ice fishing and have ice fished just about every weekend!  We were hoping to fish this weekend - but it's sitting at 4 degrees right now before windchill - that's a little cold for us! We do have an ice house and heater - but that's still a bit chilly for us!

We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with the Mortensen family at my parents house.  Our nieces are at such a fun age - we really have a good time!  Christmas Eve/Christmas Day was with the Morgan side of the family at Mike's sister's house.  His whole family was able to be together - which was great!  I know we all live in the same town - but to have everyone there with all their kids is exciting!  We celebrated Christmas with the Mortensen earlier this week.  It was also a good time!  We got mom and dad a ping pong table which we helped them set up last night.  We laughed so hard playing it last night!  I'm sure we will have many good times playing ping pong now.

I have gotten into sewing with my sewing machine now.  I started off with a great idea of making potholders for Christmas gifts for my coworkers - they took some work - but turned out so good!  I then made Mike and I camo stockings! Now I'm working on making dresses for our nieces.  After that I'm hoping to try this for them.  It looks so simple - even though it's never as simple as it looks! I think I like sewing projects better because it's more of the instant results.  If you have any simple sewing projects/ideas - let me know!

We had a wonderful 2010 year! We are hoping 2011 will be even better!  I am really hoping to keep this going again.  I'm going to post just random pictures in no particular order!
Mike & his grandma on Grandparents Day

Mike with his prarie buck

Us out hunting

Roscoe

Mike with his Hills Buck

First Fish of the Season!

I even caught one!

First Christmas..

Riley & Carson

Grandma Alice

Steph & Shannon, Carson & Aleisha behind him


Marc, Mary, & Matt

 
     Steph, Jordon, Trevor, Tory, Gavin

Riley & me

 Matt & Carson

Stockings I made

Mike and I

Us

No comments: