Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Fun!

This weekend we went to a 3D Archery Shoot in Custer. We went last year and had a good time so we were excited to go again. Reese, our nephew, went with us too! I just got my new bow and arrows and told Mike I should just use my old ones incase I lose them. He told me it would be fine to just bring my new arrows.

We had a great time there! I dominated the guys until part way through. My arm gets tired from pulling it back, so towards the end I always mess it up. On Target #4, I shot right over a bear and lost arrow #1. Then on Target #14, I shot right over an antelope, and lost arrow #2. One of the other targets, I got my arrow stuck in a piece of wood and lost the tip. So Mike let me borrow one of his tips. So arrow #3 was my last arrow I had with me! I kept that arrow until hole #29 and shot over a deer bedding down! So I lost all 3 arrows, plus an extra tip. Mike ended up beating me - but I was still proud that I kept up with him! I love my new bow!
After doing the shoot, we went in to Custer and ate. Then my friend Stefanie was camping right outside of Custer so we stopped and saw her for a little bit! Then it was back to Spearfish!

Yesterday, our church had a blue grass service in the park with a potluck afterwards. It was a wonderful service and it was beautiful outside! Mom and dad went with us too. It was a good time!
This week, I'm hoping to start making a quilt that mom is going to help me with. I cant' believe it's already the end of July - school will be starting before I know it!












Dominated the guys on that one!

No comments: