Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's already 2010. It seems like it was just 2009 and now a year has already passed. It has definately been an exciting year for us. We are lookin forward to what 2010 will bring us.
I have had this whole week off for Christmas Break. Tuesday, I went with mom and dad to exchange some stuff in Rapid. Then Wednesday, mom taught me how to run my sewing machine. It definately is going to take a lot of patience for me - but it will be fun! I was bugging Mike all week to take New Years Eve day off so we could go ice fishing. He got his stuff done at work and Brian let him take the day off. I was so excited to be able to spend the day ice fishing with him. His nephew, Reese, has also been wanting to go so we invited him along too!
We left Spearfish around 6ish and headed to Sheridan Lake. We got there and walked for what seemed like forever and found the "perfect" spot. Mike started drilling holes and 2 holes later, his auger died. He was trying to get it to work - and the rope on it broke. So there we are with our icehouse, everything packed for a day of fishing, 2 fishing holes, and no auger. Mike decided he was just going to go home that he'd had enough. Some other fisherman then hollered at us if we wanted to use his auger - so we did. Mike drilled some holes and we were good to go. We got the ice house set up, heater going, and we ready to catch some fish. The only problem was the fish weren't ready for us! We only caught 2 the whole day. I should change that - we means Reese and Mike. I didn't catch any. It was the first fish Reese has caught ice fishing - so that was fun.
After most of the day fishing, we decided to pack up and head to Cabelas to pick up a new auger. We are excited to go out and try it again.
Here are the pics and video of Reese catching the fish. I don't know why but my camera makes a clicking noise when videoing - I apologize for that!



Reese catching his fish!



Finding the perfect spot



Mike & Reese fishing





Mike & I - I love his eyes!


Reese & I



Ice house getting set up


Reese sleeping on the way home - he was tuckered
out!





After unloading the truck from fishing, we got ready to head to the Servaty's for New Years Eve. Chris & Loni, Jen & eventually Monty were there too! We taught them how to play Farkle and also played many games of Spoons! I went through an entire game of Farkle without getting on the board - it was crazy! We have so much fun with everyone and there is definately never a dull moment. We had to head home around 12:30 as we had been up since 5 AM and Mike was getting up early to go hunting. I wish I would've taken more pics - but oh well! It was a great way to ring in the new year.




Chris - notice the stir stick in his drink?!
Yup - an icicle!


Something must've been funny (Renee, Chris, Loni, Jen)



Dennis, Renee, Mike and Jen


Today, Mike's friend is in town so they went mountain lion hunting. It will be interesting to see if they get one or not! I don't think anything can outdo the bear!
Well i hope everyone has a wonderful 2010. It is crazy to think that 4 months today Mike and I will begin the rest of our lives together. We are excited!

No comments: