Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We decided to go camping over the 4th of July with Mike's sister, her family, and her boyfriend. We got up Friday morning and it was pouring out. We still got up and went but we weren't sure if we would stay or not. We did end up staying Friday night - but the rain really put a damper on things. Saturday morning, we decided we would just hang out for the day and come back home Saturday night. We went to Stockade Lake to fish. Mike ended up catching probably close to 50 crappie. Nothing that we kept - but at least he was catching them!
When we got home, we decided we needed to stain the deck. It was a pretty uneventful 4th of July. We ususally go to the fireworks in Lead, but just decided this year not to go. My allergies have been terrible right now - so I really didn't feel like going either!
Today, I have the girls in Spearfish. Then my friends Kate and Brent are in town from Texas so I will get to meet baby Hattie. We are having a Barbeque tonight with my sister and her family, Katie and Brent, and Brent's parents. Miranda is just about 2 weeks older than Hattie - so they are close in age so it will be fun to see them together. I also have to get tongue stoppers put on my braces tomorrow. They are things that stick out from the back of my teeth and will poke my tongue anytime it comes near my teeth. Apparently, my tongue pushes my teeth out - so I have heard both good and bad about these - so we will see how it goes.
We are going to Sioux Falls this weekend to see my friends Tara and Jason and their kids. We will only go to Chamberlain Friday night and make a stop at Cabella's along the way. Then we will go on to Sioux Falls from there and come back on Sunday.
I didn't take a whole lot of pictures - but I did take a few! Have a wonderful week.


Mike eating lunch at Stockade


The smoke was horrible from the campfire. Mike's
sister keeping it out of her eyes!



Reese making jiffy popcorn over the fire




They played frisbee a lot - Reese catching it
on his head



Reese and Gavin going after the frisbee



Our Tent



I love summertime fruit and came out of the bedroom
the other day to find Mike enjoying the fruit too.
No sense in getting a plate or bowl I guess - just
eat right out of the watermelon!


I watched Miranda the other day - Roscoe sat
like this right by her. He wasn't quite sure what
to think of her. He liked it when she was sleeping
and wasn't moving.

1 comment:

Miss Marnie said...

Mike and the watermelon sooooo looks like something Dave would do!!