Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summertime Fun

Last Sunday, we woke up to blue sky and no wind. We were so excited that we decided we would have all of Mike's family out for a BBQ. We were going to have chicken on the grill. We got everything lined up and everyone invited and of course the weather turned bad. We still had everyone out, we just didn't get to all eat outside. All of Mike's family lives here so when we all get together, it seems like quite a few people - especially in our house :) I tried to snap a few pictures, but they didn't want pictures taken so these are the ones I got!


Reese & Gavin with their bows




Dillon, Shannon and Tory



Marc & Mary cutting the chickens




I have been looking for a new vehicle for a while. I didn't want a huge SUV but I decided I needed more than a car if I wanted to get around in the winter time. I love my camry and it did wonderful....just not in the snow. Mike and I have been doing lots of driving through car lots and found a 2006 GMC Envoy that I liked here in town. It only has 29,000 miles on it. Finally, on Friday I was able to go in and make a deal with Greg (our carsalesman). I ended up leaving with a new vehicle. It has 4 wheel drive so I don't have to be as worried driving back and forth in the winter time. I am very excited and will admit - it's pretty sharp looking :)
This weekend we went camping at Hart Ranch with my family. Friday night, we just hung out with my family. Sommerlyn gave me some wedding magazines to look through for an early birthday present. Malaya and I had fun looking at all the ideas! It still seems like a lot of planning...





On Saturday, Malaya, Gary, Mike and myself decided to go through bear country. It was fun to see all the animals. It's one of those things that you don't do very often, but you need to do once in a while! We had a good time!

Malaya was scared...














>







Saturday afternoon was dad's retirement party. We cooked hamburgers and hot dogs and had some salads. A lot of people from Wall came up for it so it was good to see everyone again! The weather was perfect for it - and I think everyone had a good time!

Both of their faces look like they've had a long day!



Bobbi on kid patrol..




Everyone eating





More eating..




Workin' hard



Bruce & Kim came from ND. Malaya and Mike were bonding
by the fire :)


Grandpa Paul is so special to us and
loves his great granddaughters. Miranda
was playing with him and latched onto his
finger and was holding it for dear life! Absolutely priceless!
That about wraps up our week. I just realized I didn't take a picture of mom and dad together and the party. I'm sure someone did - so it will added when I get a copy of it! Enjoy the day!

No comments: