Sunday, February 8, 2009

3 states in 3 days

We left on Thursday with Brian & Angi to go to Omaha for a seminar for Brian & Mike. We went to Burke, SD that night. Brian's sister has a motel there so we stayed there to make the trip not quite so long.
Friday we took off to head to Omaha. It took forever to get there! I didn't realize how big that city was...wow! We checked into our motel and connected with some of the other people who the guys know from Transmission stuff. We went out to eat that night at a nice Italian Restuarant - then went back to the motel and hung out.
Saturday morning was the day of the seminar and shopping day for Angi and I! Some of the other people's wives were going to go with us too. One of them is actually from Omaha - so she was going to take us all around. We were walking out to the parking lot with another lady who lived a few hours from Omaha. She got out to her new truck with 10,000 miles on it to find it broken into. Of course, she freaked out.....they broke out 3 windows and took some parts out of the truck. They also took the info out of the glove box. She called the cops and they said they don't do anything for it. Mike and I were talking later that's probably because so many happen and in such a big city - they probably have more to deal with. It also was on private property. Needless to say, that put a little damper on shopping as we didn't get going for another hour and a half or so. They did get the glass all out of the truck and they hauled it back home. We ended up going shopping - but didn't seem to get a lot done. There was so much to do that there just wasn't enough time.
After the seminar got out, we headed back to Burke and stayed the night again and got home earlier this afternoon. On our way back to Burke, we went through Iowa somehow. So I was in Nebraska, Iowa, and of course South Dakota. What a long drive! I definately like my smaller town........I don't think I could handle the driving there or all the people. It was very pretty and fun to visit. I would like to go back sometime and be able to stay longer and see more things! I'm not ready for tomorrow to already be Monday. The weekends just seem to go fast. It doesn't seem like in just a few months school will be out. The weather was beautiful this weekend - sure makes you think it's Spring out. We will probably still have snow storms that will put a damper on that mood! I didn't have much to take pictures off but did take them of the motels and some of the truck. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!




Motel in Burke


Motel in Omaha



If you zoom in on this, there's a store called
Bergman Jewerly (Bergman is Brian & Angi's last name)
We tried getting Mike to go there - but no luck!



Rear part of truck

Front of truck


Truck



No comments: