Thursday, October 30, 2008

Where did October go?

This week Mike and I celebrated our year and a half together. He took me out to a steakhouse in Belle! We had fine dining with a bunch of cowboys! We had heard this steakhouse was good so we decided to go there -- we walked in and there were a bunch of old cowboys at the bar and we were the only ones who were there eatting! By the time we left, there were others there - just definately small town place! Good ole' Belle! :) The food wasn't bad - but nothing great either. It was fun to go someplace different though.
I have been having stressful days at work these past couple of weeks. We found out the state would be here to review the SPED department this week. Of course, we had to check over all our files, make sure everything was right, and just smile and nod a lot! Then I just don't understand parents anymore! Some parents just take no responsibilty. I decided today that if this is how kids are going to act now days - I don't want them - Mike agreed quickly and was going to hold me to it. I told him our kids wouldn't act like that - that I'm sure we will have kids some day! I think he thought he was getting out of it :)
We are staying home tomorrow and are betting we have quite a few lil trick or treaters. We had to wait until tonight to carve pumpkins as he didn't want them to go bad. This is the first year I have actually carved one myself. I definately am not a perfectionist like Mike is with them - but it was fun. His had way too much detail - of course I had to do Scooby Doo on my pumpkin. Rifle Deer Season starts on Saturday so I will have the house to myself most of the weekend :) He still hasn't gotten a deer from archery season yet - but hopefully sometime the big one will come along! I hope everyone is doing well! Keep in touch and make sure you let me know if you are in the area!



Mike and I on our 1 1/2 years. (Mike loves pictures
if you can't tell)




Carving the pumpkin


The final products






Mike's scorpian



Scooby Doo!



Mike working on his pumpkin

1 comment:

SERTA said...

Oh, this is still a learning experience for me. I have made it to leave a comment!! I will have to try and get the pictures of our pumkins sent out. I will save your blog on our favorites... now if I can just remember how to sign in and remember where I saved it :D We look forward to seeing you this weekend. I like the pumpkins. Ours are not so intricate. We had fun too. I really enjoy pumpkin carving. So much so I buy an extra for myself to carve. Well I had been continue on doing something productive... this is why I am always behind schedule. Toodaloo, SERTA