Monday, October 13, 2008

Stayin' Busy


I just realized it has been about a month since I updated this. We have been extremely busy lately - just not sure what we've been doing. It's now archery deer hunting season so I have went out hunting a few times with Mike. I never thought I would say this - but it's kind of fun. I don't think I could actually hunt - but going with is fun. He has a blind that we sit in and the deer get pretty close to it. Then i have to sit there and be quiet and not move - imagine how difficult this is for me! It's fun though. He hasn't seen a deer big enough to shoot yet though.
This weekend Gary and Mike went back East for Pheasant Hunting. They came home with 6 pheasants each and a dirty truck. It was so wet and muddy back East - but it sounds like they had a good time anyway. It was suppose to be a weekend for Sommerlyn, Malaya and me to do something fun. Sommerlyn turned 28 on Saturday so we were going to celebrate her b-day! Well, Sommerlyn had to work on Saturday so I was able to get some good quality bonding time with Malaya in. I had told Malaya before Sommerlyn left Saturday morning that we would make mommy a birthday cake. I told her thinking she wouldn't say anything. Well before Sommerlyn left, she had taken Sommerlyn over to the cake mix and said mommy cake mommy cake - so needless to say Sommerlyn knew about it. Malaya had fun baking the cake. Thanks to Grandma Audrey, she now knows how to push the chair to the counter so she's tall enough to help. They baked cookies last week and Malaya got to help
This week is Homecoming Week at School - nice to have it during a 4 day week. The parade is at 2:00 on Friday so the high school dismisses at noon. I have had a horrible tooth ache and am going into the dentist on Wednesday - hopefully just a cavity and nothing more. I have never had a tooth hurt like this one has - nothing seems to help. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some hunting pictures if and when Mike finally shoots his deer. In the mean time, I put some pictures of us hunting and some of Malaya this weekend!




Mike and I sitting in the blind.


What the blind looks like



Decked out in Camo...


Lil Miss Malaya making her mommy a b-day
cake


She was so proud of her cake!!


Adding her own frosting spots to it....


Now just waiting for mommy to get home.....



Sommerlyn with her birthday cake!

No comments: