We now have sod laid in our front yard. Dad, our neighbor, and Mike all worked on it. It is so nice to look out the front window and see grass :) We have planted grass in the back so we are hoping that takes off soon! We have had rain for a couple days straight now so we hope that will help our sod and the grass we have planted!
We celebrated our 1st anniversary on May 1st. We can't believe that it's already been a year! We think back to everyone who helped us make our day special and are so thankful for all our friends and family. We had every intention of going to Custer for the day and having a picnic and going fishing. It ended up being rainny and cruddy weather - so we had to post pone it! We did have to run to walmart for a few things - when we went to leave there was someone selling dogs across the street. We looked and it was yellow labs - we were so excited. We visited with the guy and asked if they had any females left - he did - he had 1 - I told Mike it was fate - we had to have her! (We have been wanting a female yellow lab forever - but was going to wait until our yard was completed) So we got Eastyn! Mike jokes that he purposely had the guy sitting there so it could be an anniversary present to me! I really did think that I would have a puppy in a May Day Basket for our anniversary - but I was wrong - but we ended up with one anyway! She was 8 weeks old when we got her. She has been such a fun addition to the family and really is as good dog. She has rarely had an accident in the house! She goes to work everyday with Mike until I'm done with work. It has really helped her in being a social puppy! We haev been working with her on training to be a hunting dog. She is doing pretty good! Roscoe isn't doing too bad with her. He really watches her and doesn't like to get too close. Of course, Eastyn always wants to play with him!
Today is the last day of turkey season. Sadly, I didn't get one again this year. I get so frusterated with it as they are hard to hunt archery. But at least, Mike got one! It was quite the time. We thought he was going to get one that was behind the blind so I had taken my chair down and was on the ground so he had enough room to turn around and shoot. Well those ones ended up running away and we turned back around and there was one coming right out front. Of course, I couldn't get my chair back up or move or the turkey would see us - so I ended up being on the ground with my head down so Mike could shoot it. It's way more fun when you can see it instead of not knowing what's going on!Last weekend, we tried going hunting and the cows came around us. I am deathly afraid of Cows (Weird - I know). I thought we were going to die as they were getting closer and closer to us. One even started licking and trying to play with our decoys. I was so glad when Mike finally got them to go away.
I have 1 more day of school tomorrow and then I'm done for a few weeks. The students' last day was on Friday. I am teaching summer school the month of June which will be nice! It's only Monday-Thursday in the mornings. I am so ready for summer and camping and the rain to go away!!
Here are some pics..
Our wedding cake - it was yummy even a year after!
Archery Turkey 2011
Cow
I thought I was going to die...this was only
part of them
Eastyn 11 weeks
Roscoe hangin' out on the chair - he's safe
from Eastyn there..


No comments:
Post a Comment