Thursday, December 24, 2009

December Happenings

It has been almost a month since I have posted anything. I haven't really had a whole lot of things to take pictures of so I have been waiting.
I can't believe it's Christmas Eve! This year has been going so fast - I can't believe we are down to 4 months until the wedding.
Malaya turned three on Monday. She had a Dora Birthday party on Saturday. We got her a twin doll set and Uncle Mike also found her a pink bow. I can't believe she's already 3 - the time has gone so fast. She is getting so big and so cute!
Sunday, we decided to go up to Iron Creek ice fishing. Our Augur is still being fixed, but Dennis had a hand one to use. To begin with, it was just dad, Mike and I - then Dennis texted us part way there and said he was on his way too. Some people must have just left before we got there - so we just mainly used their holes. We ended up with 13 trout between all of us. It was so fun to be out ice fishing again. The season is so short here - we have to take advantage of it anytime we can! 13 trout are more than we caught all together at Iron Creek last year - so we are hoping that means good things for the ice fishing season!
We are spending Christmas with the Mortensen side this year. We will have Christmas Eve at mom and dads and then it will just be us and mom and dad for Christmas Day.
We will have a white Christmas as we got a couple of inches last night. Mike was pretty excited to use the snowblower - so he's out there snowblowing now!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! Here are a few pictures!





Mike showing dad how it's done


First Fish of the season!



Malaya with her pink bow



Miranda and Mike


Malaya with her Dora Cake that Grandma Audrey made


No comments: