Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sitting in my empty living room on the floor...

So here I am - finally giving into peer pressure. A few of my friends keep saying I need to get a blog so here it goes! I have talked to my students about peer pressure until I'm blue in the face and here I am giving into it
The end of June, Mike and I decided to order new furniture. We were told 8 weeks and it woudl be here - welll it's working on 11 or 12 and they said they can't deliver it until September 30th. I'm not sure if we will try and get it one day ourselves or wait until the end of the month. In the meantime, I put an ad up at the college and within about 3 hours the couch and chair were sold! I didn't realize that it would be the end of the month before we could get the new stuff. It's not so bad this week with Mike being gone - but the next 2 weeks could be interesting.
Mike is gone on a bear hunt this week. I hope he comes home with one or at least sees one. So far no luck, but they've only hunted one day..I will definately post pictures if he gets one. It's been kind of nice being able to do what I want this week, although I do miss him!
That's about all my excitement so far this week. I'm heading to Wall tomorrow to spend time with the fam. My niece is getting so big and is so cute!!! She's learning things so fast and loves coming to her Aunt Sheila's and Mike's house :) (She knows we always have suckers for her!)
I will try to do a weekly update on it - but no promises!! Time seems to get away from me. Gotta have some time to get use to this....

2 comments:

SERTA said...

Ok,this is all new to me also... I think I might get it sent this time. Smiles from SERTA (Sanden, Elaine, Regan, Thane, & Athena)

SERTA said...

Peer pressure isn't always bad... It can be used in a good way too. Have a great time teaching. Hope to see you this weekend. SERTA